Monday, May 14, 2007

The Day After--A Little More Detail
















Here are a few words from Vicki about the day after "Gotcha Day"...

Today was a great day!!  Ellie is adjusting well to us and today
was non-stop smiles from morning to night! She is a different girl
from yesterday. Yesterday certainly wasn't bad, but now that I
see more of her personality, I can say she was definitely suffering
yesterday. Yesterday many times, she would stick the bottom lip out,
and start crying in this pathetic bird cry with big fat tears rolling
down her cheeks. She was also very stiff and "closed". She slept well
last night and woke up cooing and smiling.

She was cracking Kendra and me up tonight--we were laughing so hard
we were crying! We decided that if she was going to be a girl in our
family, she needed to learn to like musicals! All day she had smiled
at us, but only at us--nothing random. Well, she sat in my lap and looked
around during West Side Story, not watching much. But when the
"Officer Crupky" song came on (a funny song), she stared at the TV the
whole time, smiling big at all the right spots! It was so funny!!

She is tiny, but not scrawny like I expected. She's definitely gained
weight in the past month or so and we're doing our best to pack it on!
She reminds me of a 5 month old in every way. She doesn't talk yet and
doesn't even reach for things much. I wonder if she ever even had a toy
or anything to reach for during her early months? She was doing better
at that even by the end of today. We had her on her tummy too and she
was doing pretty good keeping her head up. She feels stronger than I
expected. We'll see! The Dr. 's will tell us how to help her.
Basically, it just seems like I have a 5 month old on my hands and I
always liked that age! =) She's a little doll and VERY HAPPY!!! She
has captured our hearts and I know she will your's too.