Sunday, May 13, 2007

Gotcha Day! Mother's Day!



















At 8:30 AM this morning, May 13th--Vicki's best ever Mother's Day present arrived in the form of Ellie MingYun McCracken! We were called down to the lobby where Vicki and I were handed the tiny little package while Kendra took digital video shots with her camera. Then I started shooting with our VHS. We all (baby, baby's nanny, translator, and the 3 of us) then went back up to our room to get to know Ellie better.



As of this posting, it is 5:15 PM and it has been a relatively good day so far. Vicki stayed with the baby and the Chinese nanny (who speaks no English) in the hotel room while Kendra and I went with the guide to the Forbidden City and then lunch. Vicki has spent all day with the baby who has alternated between smiling and crying and sleeping and eating--pretty much what babies do!

Although she is 13 months old, she seems about 6 months old but has gained a kilo (2.2 pounds) in the last month and seems to be eating well, and is very beautiful. She seems to be adjusting to Vicki the best so far, but one person at a time and we will all eventually win her over. :)

We are having many internet problems so I hope this post makes it, and I will try again to load some photos, but no promises. Also, even though I can get to the editing portion of this blog (in Chinese) I cannot actually view it or the comments left on it (yet), but keep them coming as we hope to see them soon. As far as I can tell, the photos are posting, but sideways, which I cannot seem to do anything about yet. Sorry.

Thanks again for your prayers on our behalf.

(Later in the evening)...Kendra and I went out for a WONDERFUL Chinese meal with our guide and Ellie's nanny. Vicki stayed at the hotel for more bonding time with Ellie.

Tomorrow, we will visit the Great Wall of China, and Tuesday we will visit Ellie's province where the adoption will happen from the Chinese side.