Wednesday, May 16, 2007

"OFFICIAL" from the Chinese side!




















After over an hour of signing and giving our thumbprints on a boatload of documents, Ellie is "officially" ours (from the point of view of the Chinese government).

Also, I (Scott) forgot to mention on "Gotcha Day" that I had none of the emotional expression that I had expected. I neither cried, nor really felt like crying. It all just seemed so natural and matter-of-fact. When the three of us stood around her bed and prayed for her the first night, I started to feel a little emotional, but there were two times yesterday I really got choked up. The first was when she fell asleep in my arms for the first time, and the second was when we were waiting for our plane and I bent down to whisper in her ear, "Ellie, you are so loved."

What a precious gift from God she is--well worth the wait! Lots of smiles and laughs today! She slept through the whole thing at the government office today and she sat so still and patient for our 2 hour dinner at a really FABULOUS restaurant (which I will post some pics of on another day).

2 comments:

rachel said...

Congratulations! So happy for you all. :)

Truly Blessed said...

Hi to your lovely family (those in China, and those in other parts of the world!) from Michigan, USA!

I just found your site (through RQ's forum) and wanted to drop a note and say congratulations on your newest beautiful daughter!

A little bit of my heart is still in China, and I love to follow adoptive families' journeys to bring their precious children home. We've been home for almost 7 months now, and I miss China every day. And it appears you are living in my #1 travel destination: Greece! (no, I've never visited, but someday I will!).

God has truly blessed your family, and Ellie is going to love having big siblings to show her the ropes. What a beautiful thing growing a family through adoption is!

I'll check back again for updates. Ellie is such a precious little girl -- she looks so healthy and happy!